Elvira Bakes is the annual event named after my sourdough starter. It’s a fun opportunity to get introduced to sourdough baking, run in a baking contest, or simply socialize over dinner with other lovers of good homemade food.
Eater or home-baker, you don’t need to pick sides! There’s enough of food and fun for everyone.
- As a home baker and sourdough enthusiast, join the contest to get feedback on your creations and get the chance to win one of the three prizes available.
- If you’d like to try sourdough baking, come get your batch of sourdough starter and free advice!
- If you’re just after good homemade food and good company, join us to taste the creations of home bakers, and cast your vote while enjoying the buffet dinner and the cozy atmosphere.
Elvira Bakes is a fun and unusual social dinner. Even if you have no intention to start baking with sourdough, you can certainly enjoy the buffet dinner, entirely based on quality homemade food, traditional as well original recipes, soups, vegetable dishes and dessert.
Needless to say, the rustic sourdough bread and focaccia are homemade!
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• DINNER (buffet arrangement).
Plenty of vegetarian dishes available (that’s always the case with As Soup As Possible events).
• DRINKS: 2 glasses of wine/ soft drinks (extra glasses/ drinks 2EUR).
Our events are environmentally-friendly. We don’t serve plastic-bottled drinks.
• SOURDOUGH: free starter if you bring your own container, or pay a refundable token of 2 EUR to get a glass jar.
It all comes with recipe sharing, friendly atmosphere and genuine people!
ELVIRA BAKES: THE BAKE-OFF
Our member Alessandra won the last edition with a delicious sweet bread, but there’s no limit to what you can bake.
Free your imagination and explore all the possible applications of sourdough.
Don’t be shy: there’s nothing to lose and you’re with friends! Feel free to bake a simple loaf of your daily bread. Sometimes the simple things are the most appreciated!
HOW TO JOIN THE CONTEST
- Pease RSVP via the form below and tick the “enrol me in the baking contest” checkbox.
- Bake whatever you like: sweet, savory, filled, fried… Anything goes as long as it’s made using sourdough. Just let your imagination bake free!
Each baker running in the contest will receive a 5 EUR discount voucher to be used as credit for any future As Soup As Possible event, no matter their placement in the contest.
The winners will get one of the three prizes available, including specialties contributed by Casa del Gusto Amsterdam.
NEW! KNOWLEDGE-SHARING CORNER
This time, Elvira Bakes will feature a POP-UP LIBRARY. If you own books about sourdough baking of any kind, feel free to bring them. They will be treated gently, labeled with your name (removable labels) and placed in a dedicated reading corner (clean-hands only).
This way it will be easier to share knowledge, book recommendations and recipes.
If you’re new to sourdough baking but feel like giving it a try, Elvira Bakes is the right chance to get a good starter and the guidance you need.
Please don’t forget to reserve your starter by March 3rd. To avoid waste, I’m only going to produce the requested amount, plus a little extra.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
Elvira Bakes will be canceled or rescheduled without a minimum of 10 participants. In that case, any participation fee will be refunded immediately.
For organizational reasons, only RSVPs confirmed by pre-payment will be considered valid.
You will receive payment instructions after joining. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
This event qualifies for As Soup As Possible membership programme. Collect your event-points to get your rewards.
PRICE: 36 EUR per person
WHEN: Saturday, March 10th, from 6 PM.
WHERE: Da Vinci Creatieve Ruimtes, Nieuwpoortkade 2A, 1055 RX Amsterdam · Amsterdam
(Entrance on the windmill side, block 2a)